OS for corporate volunteerism

Chris Corrigan chris.corrigan at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 13:54:08 PST 2005

At the Giving Conference
(http://www.globalchicago.net/giving/givingwiki.cgi?GivingConferenceWikiHome)
that Michael Herman and I and a number of others were involved in back
in July, there were a number of people present from the corporate and
philanthropic community,.  We used OST for two days to look at new
forms of philanthropy and giving and there were conversations at the
conference on the issues of volunteerism as well.  I think our own
Ashely Cooper convened one of those.

At any rate, the proceedings are online at Michael's wiki and I'd be
happy to put you in personal contact with some of the corporate sector
attendees who's eyes were opened a little at the power of the process.

Chris

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 13:01:02 -0600, Lisa Heft <lisaheft at openingspace.net> wrote:

> Hello, dear colleagues –
>

> I am having a conversation with a potential client about the possibility of
> using Open Space for a short summit on corporate volunteerism – people in
> corporations who are placed in / matched with NGOs (non-profits) to do
> volunteer work.
>

> If you have any specific examples of OS used in this way I'd appreciate your
> sharing them with me – you know how potential clients/sponsors like to hear
> how it's worked in circumstances close to their own.
>

> Thank you so much,
>

> Lisa
>

> ___________________________
>
> L i s a   H e f t
>
> Consultant, Facilitator, Educator
>
> O p e n i n g  S p a c e
>
> 2325 Oregon
>
> Berkeley, California
>
> 94705-1106   USA
>
> +01 510 548-8449
>
> lisaheft at openingspace.net
>
> www.openingspace.net

> unsubscribe, change your options, view the archives of
> oslist at listserv.boisestate.edu:

CHRIS CORRIGAN
Consultation - Facilitation
Open Space Technology