a tasty "taster" OST meeting

Pannwitz, Michael M mmpanne at boscop.de
Tue Mar 22 23:59:47 PST 2005

Dear Raffi,
the "who" opens the space question has been discussed on this list
frequently.
Seems to me it has, on one level, to do with roles (one of the things
that can be defined in certain ways).
So
-sponsor/organizer role
-facilitator role
-participant role
-other roles (spirit, for instance)

In my experience ost works especially well when those roles are
thought about.
Usually, the sponsor/organizer (in this case you and Ludmilla) are
also participants
Usually the sponsor/organizer says through his intervention at the
very beginning, before he slips into the participants role, the space
is officially open (although I know its there all the time)
Usually then enteres the facilitator (for which in German I use the
word Begleiter which means something like a person walking with me)
who certainly, in my mind, does not open the space but introduces
open space technology, a service role

When the sponsor/organizer is not participant and then is also
facilitator
you get a whole new kind of dynamic which possibly might produce some
of the stuff that you observed.

Greetings from Berlin
mmp

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 13:53:58 +0300, Raffi Aftandelian wrote:

>Another  way  of  saying  creating  a  resonant energy field is simply
>opening the space. The question-- i imagine it's an old one-- is *who*
>really  opens  the  space?  The  facilitator?  The  participants?  The
>faciltiator and particpants together? Spirit?
>
>I know the thought is ill-formed, maybe someone can flesh out it, pick
>at it, don't know.
>
>Warmly,
>Raffi

Michael M Pannwitz, boscop eg i.G.
Draisweg 1, 12209 Berlin, Germany
++49-30-772 8000
www.boscop.de   www.michaelmpannwitz.de

Check out the new Open Space World Map now with 196 Open Space Workers in 42 countries
www.openspaceworldmap.org