SV: Large OS-meeting 600 persons

Thomas Herrmann thomas at openspaceconsulting.com
Mon Mar 21 08:24:54 PST 2005

Hi Gerard
Great to get an answer from one of my neighbours!
I think it´s difficult to make a connection during this half day. I tried
this earlier on but the conference, which is every second year, has some
"givens" that they didn´t wish to change - this time anyway. Maybe it will
be OS all the way next time? This is the first half of the second day and
after lunch there are some seminars and a final seminar where the whole
group is gathered.

Regarding the number of circles, I have calculated the following for 6
circles:
14m     70 persons
16      80
18      95
20      105
22      120
24      130
Totalt:600
I have planned to have one 2m corridor and four of 1m plus maybe make a few
more small openings in the outer 2nd-6th circles.

Having another circle outside would mean 5 circles instead of 6 and the
inner diameter 18m instead of 14m, actually the outer diameter of the inner
circle. It is possible with the amount of space we have, but of course it
takes some more of the space from the group-space. Hmm...have to think about
that one.

Another thing, the agenda wall. As we plan to beam the sessions on a large
screen I did not plan for more that 25 meters space for the wall. Good to
have it - just in case. It would get very crowded if everyone had to go
there but I expect that the very professional facilities will make
everything work. Just have to make sure that the one who types is very
professional too!
Cheers from a sunny but chilly "West Swenmark"
Thomas