Allocating Breakout Groups

Bob Sullens wwsully at pacbell.net
Tue Mar 1 11:04:22 PST 2005

Greetings,

I have rather limited experience.  In a recent session I facilitated for a fairly small group of 20-25 we had set up 5 spaces and 3 time slots.  The group came up with 22 topics.  They were able to manage by creating new spaces and/or combining topics.  Two lessons I learned from the experience were that the people usually can solve problems in open space w/o my help and be sure to have the convenors put their names on their topic to facilitate negotuion among convenors.

I do invite the convenors to find whatever space they would like if the identified spaces are filled or not to their taste.

Bob

Joe Bowers <joe at successandhappiness.com.au> wrote:
Does anybody have any thoughts on the following issue:

"Does the number of allocated meeting places designated by the facilitator actually affect the number of issues (and associated breakout groups) that the group comes up with?"

Thanks for any input.

Joe Bowers
The Centre for Success, Health & Happiness
612 9858 1569
0403 395 488
joe at successandhappiness.com.au
www.successandhappiness.com.au
* * ========================================================== OSLIST at LISTSERV.BOISESTATE.EDU ------------------------------ To subscribe, unsubscribe, change your options, view the archives of oslist at listserv.boisestate.edu: http://listserv.boisestate.edu/archives/oslist.html To learn about OpenSpaceEmailLists and OSLIST FAQs: http://www.openspaceworld.org/oslist