Corporate Volunteerism

Chris Corrigan chris.corrigan at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 10:57:58 PST 2005

I think that was what we exploring Artur, among other things...the
shift from that form of charity to one of compassion and networked
philanthropy.  The participant list contains some ames of people who
are VERY fluent in the history of western civilization and for whom
these cultural underpinnings, both in Europe and North America, are of
extraordinary significance.  I refer to you Phil Cubeta at
http://www.gifthub.org, AKM Adam at http://akma.disseminary.org/ and
Lenore Ealy at http://www.thephilanthropicenterprise.org/main/about_tpe.php

Cheers,

Chris

On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 04:34:54 -0800, Artur Silva <arturfsilva at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Thanks for calling my attention to your previous message, Chris. I saw the
> wiki now and, yes, there is some impressing material there.
>
> I think my reaction is related with the word "givers" and with a cultural
> difference  - in Latin Europe, a "giver" is normally someone doing "charity"
> - someone rich that alleviates his/her conscience, more then the situation
> of the poor. Indeed I think "charity" was designed in Middle Age to convince
> the poors that they should not revolt, because rich people were "helpers".
> Maybe this is different in the anglo-saxonic world...
>
> Regards
>
> Artur
>
> ---------
>

> Chris Corrigan <chris.corrigan at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> Artur...you should have a good read through the "giving conference"
> proceedings. Having done that, you may still dislike "giving
> conferences" but I'm willing to bet you'll be impressed by what
> happened in Chicago last July.

CHRIS CORRIGAN
Consultation - Facilitation
Open Space Technology