Gilliam

Pannwitz, Michael M mmpanne at boscop.de
Tue Jun 14 13:07:09 PDT 2005

There definitely can be plenty of space for those in the gathering
that are not interested in finding a way through.
Or put differently, I think not interested in finding a way through
is an issue just as any other.
My expectation would be that people with that kind of issue might
well be turning into butterflies, great places for new ideas if
another butterfly joins.
The effect of emotional intensity of issues is grand. In fact, what
would an issue look like without emotional intensity?
Greetings from Berlin
mmp

On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 18:59:54 +0000, Craig Gilliam wrote:

>Harrison:
>
>As you are aware, I do a great deal of work  with religious
>communities/congregations/parishes that are stuck,  highly anxious, or in
>conflict.  A couple of questions and observations--
>
>I have found the behavior for those in the religious vs those in the
>corporate world is not different, for both seem to express much of the
>pattern they learned from both family of origin and the extended family
>field;  the difference is not as much patterns of behaviors as it is
>emotional intensity behind or in the behavior.  In the religious, greater
>emotional intensity seems to flow/blow from behind or through it.
>
>In addition, through my conflict work,  I have encountered more and more
>people that do not seem to have as much of a desire to work things out as
>they do to win at all costs--a kind of unbalanced extremism pervades and
>they often seems to  lack the capacity for honest self-reflection and
>responsibility.  Maybe this is a short sighted view on my part, but it seems
>to reflect several contexts I seem to encountered more and more.
>
>What effect does the emotional intensity of issues have on Open Space?
>
>What assumptions are at the root of Open Space, and what effect does the
>above observations, if they are true, (if some in the group are not
>interested in finding a way through) have on the experience?
>
>Thanks,
>Craig
>
>*
>*
>
>To learn about OpenSpaceEmailLists and OSLIST FAQs:
>http://www.openspaceworld.org/oslist

Michael M Pannwitz, boscop eg i.G.
Draisweg 1, 12209 Berlin, Germany
++49-30-772 8000
www.boscop.de   www.michaelmpannwitz.de

Check out the new Open Space World Map now with 286 Open Space Workers in 53 countries (working in a total of 114 countries worldwide)
www.openspaceworldmap.org