OST for public awareness

Jaime Pedreros jpedrerosf at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 09:26:37 PDT 2005

Hello Harrison!

Have my deepest thanks for your valuable comments. All this will help
me a lot for organizing the gathering as well as on how to conduct my
conversations with the stakeholders. Instead on having formal
presentations, Claudia suggested to invite some "resource" people as
participants (actually to leave that option for journalist
participating) and join the meeting as anybody else. That was done
when using OS with students who needed to know a little more about the
central theme.

If this gathering is to engage journalists in developing  campaigns to
raise public awareness about environmental issues, the need for
specific information would probably raise during the session and that
would be an excellent reason for holding the "space opened". Another
topic is that if OS works as I wish, they will put their energy
towards something they also know a lot about: how to put news "in the
air/on paper" and make them a marketable good.

Will keep everybody updated about this experience.

Warm regards from La Paz

Jaime