FW: Buzzards, Bats, and Bumblebees

Harrison Owen hhowen at comcast.net
Mon Jun 6 14:40:55 PDT 2005

Judy wrote: "I think you are right that they are already there...I have a
few buzzards that I work with...!  Uggggh....what do you do with completely
close-minded individuals who won't even consider anything but sucking the
energy out of other individuals for their own gain??"

**************************

Well -- how about a story? We have a roosting colony of Black Buzzards that
inhabit our neighborhood in the fall (prior to migration, mating and other
pleasures of buzzardly life). Roosting means that they come in and sit in
our trees/roofs/out buildings. Not just a few -- but a 100 or so. These are
not small birds! Jet black with 6' wing span. Sinister to put it mildly. And
as they say in another connection -- garbage in -- garbage out. Does not
improve the neighborhood!!!

Solution: (Might work in Open Space???) Small rockets at dusk (when they are
nestling in for the night). Nothing lethal -- but definitely attention
getting. BB Guns -- A few well placed shots to the tail-feathers seems to
clear the roost!

Harrison

Harrison Owen
7808 River Falls Drive
Potomac, Maryland   20845
Phone 301-365-2093

To subscribe, unsubscribe, change your options, view the archives Visit: