Re: Only "so long" LONG!!)--A poemish   Re: Only "so long" LONG!!)--A poemish  send off.

Raffi Aftandelian raffi at bk.ru
Thu Jun 2 23:26:24 PDT 2005

Paul,
When I shared my experience of participating in (International) Poem
in Yer Pocket Day, I wrote that when I read my poem to different
people I had the feeling that the world stopped for those of us
reading and listening to the poem.

By the world stopping I was thinking of Carlos Castaneda. In his
books, his teacher, Don Juan, speaks of different things to do to stop the world.

I was just being a little playful in my comment about your poems
stopping the future. I didn't mean that in any real sense. Since the
poems are about the future, I imagined reading them for the next
International Poem in Yer Pocket Day. Hence they would not only (for
me at least) not only stop the present but also the future...

Raffi

p.s. "The revolution will not be televised." -- rap group Public Enemy

p.p.s. "...but it will be blogged." (can I attribute this quote to the
person who said it; you know who you are, you're on this list!)

>>In a message dated 6/1/05 1:53:52 PM, raffi at bk.ru writes:

Those poems not only stop the present, they also stop the future.

Raffi,

How so?  I don't see them as stopping anything.

                          mailto:raffi at bk.ru