OS with people coming late

Don Ferretti dferrett at placer.ca.gov
Wed Jun 1 12:48:25 PDT 2005

whenever it starts is the right time....and what will happen is that
those who heard the opening will tell those who came in late what is
happening..

http://placer.networkofcare.org
www.placer.ca.gov/cfc
First 5 - Placer CFC
Don Ferretti - Director
530.886.1824
530.886.1810 (fax)

>>> christine.koehler at wanadoo.fr 06/01/05 12:25PM >>>
Hi all,

Next Monday I am going to facilitate a short OS event . This meeting
is
usually monthly, facilitated by someone who provides information and
answer questions on a specific topic. It lasts 2 hours. We don't know
in
advance who is coming . As there seem to be more than 20 people,  the
round-robin format within a short time frame  is becoming difficult,
so
I offered to do it as an Open Space.  The meeting must finish at 3.30
(we have to clean the room).
I have  one concern with the opening circle , let me explain you why :
the meeting is supposed to begin at 1.30pm. But usually most people
arrive late, every few minutes someone new comes in. (for those who
are
not familiar with France, arriving 15mn late is the norm,-ie it is not
considered as late).  And here as people are mothers with babies, I
expect people still arriving at 2.15, maybe more. If I wait until
everybody is here, the risk is that we begin only at 2.30, so we would
have only a very short taste of open space. If I open the circle
around
1.30, most people will miss it and won't get how it works...
I don't know what to do. What do you suggest ?

Christine Koehler
Paris, France