Access Queen thanks you World Mapians and others

Lisa Heft lisaheft at openingspace.net
Sun Jun 12 14:33:14 PDT 2005

Dear colleagues -

My warm thanks to Michael M Pannwitz (and all of your World Mapians who
have joined, for this money comes from a percentage of your map
membership dues) for donating $ 500 US to the Access Queen Fund !!

For those of you who may have newly joined this list (and welcome to you
all), Access Queen is a little project I do with your help every year to
assist people of lower incomes who wish to come to our annual Open Space
on Open Space (OSonOS) gathering each year.

The Access Queen Fund is sort of a 'who has / who needs' gathering place
for us to share resources with each other to help "Askers" get to the
OSonOS so that whomever has the dream to come and the courage to ask can
find themselves a part of this rich in-person learning exchange we have
each year somewhere in the world.

Not all of the Fund is in currency - often the resources gathered into
the Fund each year are homestays offered by people in the host
community, the creation of lower registration fees for Askers,
assistance on writing funding requests and good ideas for how to
creatively raise money to get our amazing Askers (you, perhaps) to the
OSonOS.  And who are the "Givers"?  You are, my dear colleagues.

At this time there is a small butterfly colony of Askers who are seeking
assistance to be able to afford registration, accommodation or a bit of
pocket money to pay for dinners out or airport shuttles.  Can you help
our fabulous Askers, who have the faith to dream of going to OSonOS and
the courage to ask for support from their community?

Here are some ideas:

-          register now for OSonOS so our hosts can calculate if they
can cover their expenses and have some extra to offer sliding scale for
Askers (see http://www.openspacehalifax.ca
<http://www.openspacehalifax.ca/>  )

-          reserve and pay for a hotel room for 2 people - contact me
and I can let you know if there is a worthy Asker roommate to share it
with

-          join me, Gabriela Ender and other colleagues in an online
Open Space event in July (a portion of your registration fee will go to
the AQ Fund -  for more information:
www.OpenSpace-Online.com/event/050702e/index.php ) - I'll "e-meet" you
there!

-          donate money to the Access Queen Fund (contact me at
lisaheft at openingspace.net and I'll tell you how) - any amount large or
small is welcome as the it-all-adds-up amount can make the difference to
someone being able to come or not

-          give a percentage of the proceeds from your book / event /
art / penny jar to the Access Queen Fund

And here are some ideas for helping at the OSonOS itself:

-          Bring (or send with someone who is going) your art, poetry,
book, handicrafts, wine, or other amazing things made by you or people
in your country or community to sell at the Silent Auction table (all
proceeds go to the Access Queen Fund)

-          Bring (or send) the same sorts of amazing things to sell at
the Global Village Marketplace tables (proceeds go to you to help you
with your own expenses if you need it, or you can donate the money to
the Access Queen Fund)

And to you dear Askers who have already contacted me: keep the faith: it
works every time we dare to ask and care to dream and set our intentions
and say, "I'll see you in Halifax".  I know this, because I am an Asker,
too.

Not all of the people who have asked know if they will see you in
Halifax, dear OpenSpaceniks, because I am still gathering resources to
fill our little Fund enough to share for each Asker's needs.  At some
point each one of us will have to say 'yes I am coming!' or 'no I cannot
come because I don't know what else people can help me with and I cannot
do it all on my own'.

So Askers: now is the time to ask, if I haven't heard from you.  And
Givers: now is the time to give, if I haven't heard from you.

And you know I just love to hear from any of you for no reason at all,
too!

Be well, my OpenSpacenik tribe.

Lisa

L i s a   H e f t