A wonderful rollercoaster in Cyprus with Israelis and Palestinians

Romy Shovelton romys at compuserve.com
Fri Jun 3 00:16:54 PDT 2005

Hello Anna & Yaari... and our delicious community ­ the OSLIST

Thanks for checking in with us....

As you can imagine.... there are many stories to tell....

In really brief terms ... we lived ! The magic of Open Space and the hearts
of human beings triumphed once more. It was an incredible honour to hold the
space for this time together.

The rollercoaster took us on a journey of hope, disappointment, frustration,
determination, much arm waving, touching words, hugs and laughter...

We left with:
* many people genuinely having seen Œthe other¹ in a new light and having
made connections with new and unexpected people and at a deeper level than
before
* some projects that people are intending to take forward (with a sense of
realism ­ especially since Rome and post-Rome)
* needs & strategies identified for Israelis & Palestinians in the light of
the coming Disengagement in 2 1/2 months time

I intend to write a small story of our being together ­ perhaps next week...
and will post it on the OSLIST

Perhaps you¹ll do the same Avner? No doubt we¹ll each pick up on a variety
of different aspects of our space & story?

Right now our whole time together is happily occupying my mind and heart,
with reflections and insights still flowing.

Thanks again for checking in

With love to all who have inspired us through their stories of holding space
... and especially to our dear HO, who¹s insights Œfound¹ OST and who¹s
unfailing support and encouragement helps to enable me and us all to do the
work we do

Romy