OST, TWC, AI and me

Therese Fitzpatrick therese.fitzpatrick at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 07:51:49 PDT 2005

I have a friend who is a Soto Zen Buddhist priest.  Once, at a
multifaith gathering, she was called upon to 'explain' the difference
between Soto Zen Buddhism and Buddhism.  She said that Soto Zen people
are the "Quakers" of Buddhism.

I feel pushed and prodded by the recent talk about TWC and, now, with
Christine's fine addition to the conversation, AI.  I know good cases
can be made for weaving several methodologies together.  And I know
that plenty of clients are not 'ready' for OST and they
need/want/whatever to find their way to OST.

I personally do not like all this mixing and matching.  It really
unsettles me. When I met open space, I found my home and my practice.
  I do not like to mix methodologies anymore than Sam liked green eggs
and ham. . . before he actually tasted them.

I think of OST as the Quakerism of OD.  All roads lead to open space.

--
Warmly,
Therese Fitzpatrick, MSOD, JD