Fwd: [OSLIST]: World Cafe meets Open Space

Jack Ricchiuto jack at designinglife.com
Wed Jun 1 05:47:28 PDT 2005

It's interesting to think about people and communities on a continuum of preferences related to process and structure. How some have a sincere preference for others to take responsibility for who they talk to, what they talk about, when, where and for how long. How others have an equally sincere preference to take this responsibility for themselves. As (co)designers of events can create any number conditions for engagement, and I think we do well to be mindful of how people bring their own conditions for enagement centered around their preferences about who takes responsibility for the process and structure. I like that in OS people have the choice of preferences about responsibility.

Jack

jack ricchiuto
two.one.six/three.seven.three/seven.four.seven.five
www.designinglife.com / www.appreciativeleadership.org