Maine to Halifax?

D . Knowles dknowles at eskimo.com
Thu Jun 2 12:38:43 PDT 2005

There's a good chance I may be in Maine the end of July-beginning of August
and am hoping to combine that with OS on OS in Halifax. I'm finding it is
not as easy as one might think!

I'll be in Bangor. It looks to me like the easiest thing is to rent a car
and drive (400 miles/4 hours!) There is a ferry from Bar Harbor to Yarmouth,
but doesn't seem to be coordinating bus service to Halifax--and it's still
200 miles.

So, my questions:
Am I overlooking something? is there an easier/cheaper way?
Is anyone else coming from that vicinity who might want to share a rental
car or a ride?

Deirdre Knowles
dknowles at dknowles.net