OS birthing pains

EVERETT813 at aol.com EVERETT813 at aol.com
Tue Jul 19 12:27:46 PDT 2005

Andrew,

"can I be sure I will get the outcomes I need?"

A possible rejoinder might be:   "No, but that there will be outcomes is
certain, and that you might be surprised and pleased because they exceed your
needed outcomes is more than just possible, it is probable."   Then you might have
a discussion about why this is likely true (passion, creativity, interest,
release of inner constraints caused by the current system, etc.).   Then, you
might ask him what would happen if what you said didn't occur?   That his
'needed outcomes' didn't happen.   Well, you can still have the facilitated meeting.
  Ask him to take a small risk.   That's what the world is about.

Paul Everett