Evaluating OpenSpace

Michael Herman mjherman at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 16:32:50 PDT 2005

here is the link i shared with eric.   my key points in this page are
that evaluation should not imply that planners were responsible for
the quality of participants experience.  the opener gave that
responsibility for that to the ppts themselves at the opening.  and...
the evaluation should evaluate the work and performance of the ppts,
not the work of the planners.  done well, the eval should identify
issues resolved, issues in process and issues that should come up
next.  the latter of these things obviously then can feed into next
events.  in this way eval actually opens the space more, rather than
sealing it shut.  eval might also ask people to evaluate their own use
of hte space... did they use the law of two feet, did they convene...
etc... and would they do similar things back in the everyday routine.
here is the link...
http://www.globalchicago.net/wiki/wiki.cgi?EvaluatingOpenSpace

michael

--

Michael Herman Associates
http://www.michaelherman.com

Small Change News Network
http://www.smallchangenews.org
...blogging giving flourishing

Omidyar Network meets in Chicago, July 29-31st!
http://www.moreandmore.us
...people making good things happen