Taking a Nap

Johann Borquez johannborquez at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 31 05:14:46 PST 2005

About this:

check the net for the Zeigarnik effect - our mind
tends to concentrate on unresolved tasks (that's why
when we go to sleep with something unresolved we wake
up with a solution).

check also for "hypnagogic states": The brief
transition between wakefulness and sleep we experience
each night has been known by many names: the
‘borderland state’, the ‘half-dream state’, the
‘pre-dream condition’. Its technical name is the
hypnagogic state and, along with dreaming, it is one
of the most fascinating altered states of
consciousness we can experience without the use of
drugs.

Greetings,

Johann Borquez Bohn
OST Practitioner - CHILE

--- Henri Lipmanowicz <henri.lipmanowicz at verizon.net>
wrote:

> Harrison,
>
> Thanks for the lovely thoughts you sent our way.
> Here is another angle on
> the same theme. During the day both our bodies and
> minds take a beating and
> a number of "things" get damaged, hurt or
> discombobulated.  If you think of
> sleep as a time of repair, re-ordering,
> re-patterning, re-connecting,
> re-synchronizing, it makes eminent sense that new
> thoughts would emerge. I
> personally think this can be to some extend
> cultivated by extending one's
> daydreaming (half awake, half asleep) time, a time
> when unconscious thoughts
> can be sort of listened to consciously. It is for me
> like "letting go of
> thinking" in that it seems to be happening by itself
> and I am like a
> spectator. In any case I find it fun. As I travel
> quite often overseas, jet
> lag increases my opportunities for this neither nor
> state. That's about the
> only positive thing I can say about jet lag!
>
> As we get older we must in any case find more
> reasons to justify the
> productivity of our naps...
>
> Henri

=== message truncated ===