Opening a Space for Peace in Burundi & Central Africa

Funda Oral fundaoral at ttnet.net.tr
Sat Jan 15 11:30:14 PST 2005

Harrison and Artur,

I agree with Artur when he says   "the love for humanity should be the only thing to refer on that matter "

According to me doing something for "the love of humanity" or for "the love of Allah" or " for the love of christ"
"to serve humans" or "to serve religion" have completely different motivations.

I, for exemple, would like to know why someone is helping me.....is it to serve allah, mohamed, christ or is it simply because
i need help...that doesn't mean that i don't accept his/her help...i just would like the reason to be clear..(if possible).....

Again there is a huge difference for me between going and asking young people to help Africa because people there have the right
to live in good conditions and with peace (for such a simple reason like that).....or asking them do that for the love of christ.
Because, each case will create different vision in the minds of young people.

For me "why" is a very important question to answer...or at least to look for an answer.... even more important than "what"

Moreover, i really wish that we (humanity) come to a point where the well being of humanity comes first before anything
(allah, god, christ, mohamed etc...).....this is my personal opinion.

Funda