A question about OS listserv

Christine Whitney Sanchez milagro27 at cox.net
Thu Jan 13 12:17:46 PST 2005

Thanks, Juanita and Peggy, for bringing these questions to us.

What has enabled the Open Space listserv to flourish?
The minimal structure and nonintrusive operation of the list remain true to
the four principles and one law.
We raise topics for and participate in the discussions we care about.
Although much of the discussion centers around Open Space, we also talk
about world events, psychological and spiritual musings and personal
stories.  No thought police determine what those topics can be and,
therefore, we share responsibility for keeping the discussions flowing.
Similarly, when interest in a topic has been satisfied, it will naturally
drop off...but not necessarily forever.  Any one of us might pick it up
again at a later time, which sometimes has the effect of taking our shared
learning to the next evolutionary level.

Everyone is welcome, regardless of their level of interest or experience -
really welcome.  Often a new contributor or former lurker is appreciated
right away.  Newbies bring fresh questions and ideas or new spins on
well-worn topics.  Enough old timers always seem to be around to offer
seasoned advice.

Conflict is embraced as our teacher.  People disagree, usually respectfully.

Harrison is a frequent contributor.  Opinions from the horse's mouth are
rarely the only or last word but often inspire (or provoke :-) generative
dialogue.

A diverse international mixture of perspectives and experience is
prolifically and generously offered by good souls.

Spirit is an acknowledged presence.  Poetry abounds.

In what ways has the listserv helped the Open Space community of practice to
evolve?
The bountiful sharing of ideas, tools, resources and stories is only
surpassed by the number of folks out there practicing Open Space.  I am a
member of several other learning and practice communities, none of which
holds a candle to this one in terms of the the sense of community and the
groundedness of practice.

In what ways has it affected you and your own practice to evolve?
When something big happens in the world, I eagerly check out the postings on
the list.  I am often inspired and I always learn.  On the morning of 9/11,
one of the first things I did was to post to the list as a way to connect
with kindred spirits around the world.  More recently, the

My own practice in Open Space has been supported and sometime challenged by
the postings.  When I have had a specific question or have called for help,
it is always forthcoming.  Most of the time I lurk to learn from the Q & A
and case examples of others.

What wishes do you have for the list's future?
That it remain focused on our touchstone of Open Space practice while ever
opening to what is being called for in the world.

Christine

Christine Whitney Sanchez
Triune Milagro, LTD
480.759.0262
VISIT OUR WEBSITE:  www.triunemilagro.com

Invoking the wisdom and capacity of the human spirit!