research

Lucas Gonzalez lgs0a at yahoo.es
Fri Feb 25 06:26:39 PST 2005

Harrison and all,

I see you like the idea - because it was already in your mind well
before I wrote my small and crippled version. :)  So why wait for a BIG
OS to do it?  Yes, I think a BIG one would be a lovely thing to watch.
There could be a video on the internet so people may actually "see".
It would make its way to many practitioners' "selling suitcase", I
guess.

Just recently I read a quote - hang on - where was it?
yes, here's the quote:
>"Everybody experiences far more than he understands. Yet it is
>experience, rather than understanding, that influences behavior."
>Marshall McLuhan quoted in The Media Lab, by Stewart Brand

So yes, I'd like to *see* such a video, mp4 or whatever, perhaps side
by side with the worldmap of OS practitioners (where I can't put myself
in because I'm no practitioner yet, tsk, tsk!).

Maybe a webcam hanging from the ceiling would do, and to try it out
there's no need to have people wear colored shirts.  Hey, you may have
to tie the portable computer with some rope (just be careful with your
health first and with the computer second) if webcams don't have such
long cables.  A virtual Bravo to the first that does it and shares!

Lucas