SV: research

Lise Damkjær lise at learning4life.dk
Thu Feb 24 23:18:00 PST 2005

Hello Marty, Harrison and others...

I'm involved with some "in the begginning" research...
I'm mentor to a PhD-student at the Technical University of Denmark - she is
researching: How engineers could facilitate in public assignments - and she
uses Open space as her facilitation-tool.

I have got a fantastic opportunity: I'm going to contribute to a
research-project in copperation with Copenhagen Business School: Could we
run a building construction site via OS-pratice? And what would then happen?
I really enjoy this opportunity - i'm originally a building construction
engineer - but have worked with organizational design and so on most of my
time...
We are going to observe what selforganization look like in building
construction sites, let everybody see that it already works and then design
and try a different way of organizing the building site work - an OS-way -
in which way it may look...?

Do anyone have ideas or experiences in this field? It's still very new to
me - I have only done some thinking yet...

Thanks for this beautiful list and the beautiful community, we have here...

Lise