Language and self organizing systems

Lucas Gonzalez lgs0a at yahoo.es
Fri Feb 18 01:16:02 PST 2005

Of course I must agree that language is self-organizing - and so is
perception (I guess).  Not that I understand how it works, but it
happens all by itself, so it must be self-organizing?

Language is part of a larger system, as it happens in countries where
there is more than one language.  Quite a few interesting things about
English (used by the "elite") and local languages (talked by the
"unwashed masses") are told here
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/minciu_sodas_en/message/5012

A way forward is suggested here
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/minciu_sodas_en/message/5018
There seems to be an attempt to facilitate "passive competence" (what
small children do when they still can't speak but they do understand
everything adults say) in several languages, just with the effort
needed to learn one language.  Just imagine the effect of such
facilitation!  It looks like the procedure to bring such an initiative
to fruition may itself be self-organized (wiki-ish) and of course there
may come a time when we'll have Open Spaces with people who speak their
language and are "passive-competent", i.e. able to understand the other
languages.

Lucas

Nuevos servicios, más seguridad
http://correo.yahoo.es