What is the magic we see?

Filiz Telek FTelek at HFHI.org
Wed Feb 16 09:40:46 PST 2005

My 'limited yet rich' OS experience happened at a magical place called
Castle Borl in Slovenia. Some of the Europeans in this list would
recognize that name...for the last 4 years, every summer, a
self-organizing learning village based on OS took place at this lovely
space. For a whole week, we (whoever showed up) would meet in circle and
open space and learn with/from each other. The tradition there has been
always that we will start and complete each day with a circle. And in
between, as you mentioned Doug, most of the sessions will naturally
gather in circle and we will even use a talking piece (unless it was an
active session such as swimming in the river, or a walk in the vineyards
or making a mosaic table)
I mean of course I had some other minor OS exercises...but they were no
more than an 'exercise' and nothing in comparison to Borl
experience...come to think of it, for me, these two, circle and OS is
almost inseparable...at least for a magical experience...circle was
crucial to weave that magic, the sense of community and the sacredness
of the 'space'.

Of course, in the mellow summer days at Borl, we had the time and space
to infuse the circle into OS. And it just worked magically :)

filiz

every day is a good day