What is the magic we see?

Filiz Telek FTelek at HFHI.org
Tue Feb 15 08:17:36 PST 2005

This is the magic I see in open space...

"...awakening...the process of dialogue itself as a free flow of meaning
among all the participants. In the beginning, people were expressing
fixed positions, which they were tending to defend, but later it became
clear that to maintain the feeling of friendship in the group was much
more important than to hold any position. Such friendship has an
impersonal quality in the sense that its establishment does not depend
on a close personal relationship between participants. A new kind of
mind thus beings to come into being which is based on the development of
a common meaning that is constantly transforming in the process of the
dialogue. People are no longer primarily in opposition, nor can they be
said to be interacting, rather they are participating in this pool of
common meaning which is capable of constant development and change. In
this development the group has no pre-established purpose, though at
each moment a purpose that is free to change may reveal itself. The
group thus begins to engage in a new dynamic relationship in which no
speaker is excluded, and in which no particular content is excluded.
Thus far we have only begun to explore the possibilities of dialogue in
the sense indicated here, but going further along these lines would open
up the possibility of transforming not only the relationship between
people, but even more, the very nature of consciousness in which these
relationships arise."
D. Bohm, _Unfolding Meaning_, p. 175

Individual wisdom and collective wisdom interwoven...for me this is
simply magic :) but I have to admit, since my only experience with OS
was combined with circle, I include the power of circle in this
picture...

filiz

every day is a good day