Word from a US soldier

Artur Silva arturfsilva at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 11 06:27:08 PST 2005

Chris Corrigan <chris.corrigan at gmail.com> wrote:

(...)
Given this report and this curious email exchange on the OSLIST how
can we practice holding open judgement and suspending conslusions?
As Open Space facilitators what is our responsibility with respect to
witnessing this situation?

It's a complex world and these are complex questions.

Chris:

I have been refraining myself to participate in this thread. First, because it reminds me of many "declarations" made through the Portuguese television in the 60's, by 20 year old Portuguese soldiers fighting in the ex-colonies. They were always very happy and always keen to help the people they were colonizing. And they were not lying - they only had a limited and biased vision of the situation.

I agree with you, Chris, that all these are sound bits, but with a difference. In TV we all know that they are such, in a list like this we may not be so attentive.

In what concerns your last point my humble answer would be "nothing". As OS facilitators we are so prepared (or so unprepared) to analyse these questions as any other humans. So why don't we conclude that this is an off topic discussion and go back to our own subjects.

Artur

PS: sorry about the previous mail... Hit the wrong botton...