Survival of the Cooperative

Esther Ewing EwingChange at aol.com
Thu Feb 10 09:52:26 PST 2005

Judy:
No one wants you to keep your mouth shut. We are very open to  sharing. And
you need to know that when you express your opinion, others may not  agree with
you and will say so.

Where did anyone tell you that you shouldn't express your opinion?  I
certainly welcome it.

And it's not about being right or not being right. It's about the  space on
this list being open to all of us expressing ourselves.

I don't know how you did it but to me your comments came across as  a
statement of fact. Perhaps I misunderstood you. It's awfully easy to assume  feelings
or emotions without hearing the tone of voice. So perhaps I read into  your
comments that you were saying that you were right and others were wrong. If  I
misunderstood you, I'm sorry.

Esther

I guess you are saying that I should just keep my mouth shut.  I  agree with
you that we don't all have to agree and of course we won't.   I, too, was
upset by someone stating that they KNOW that long term  democracy will not work in
this case.  Talk about "oversimplfied"!!   Not only do I disagree, but I
don't think one person's beliefs should be  written as fact.

I'll go back to staying out of this stuff ........and just get what I  need
to learn about OST from this list.  It's clear that it is not open  to
share......
Judy