Open Space & Anti-Americanism

Colin Morley morleyc1 at btopenworld.com
Tue Feb 8 00:41:16 PST 2005

Dear all

This discussion has been very helpful for me.

I have been part of a group that has struggled with this question - a group
that tried to influence the US election from the UK and that had a strong
backlash from Americans who did not want foreign interference.

Harrison I found your summary that we need to understand the 2 ends of the
spectrum between opening space and being activists and keep a 14 billion
year perspective very insightful.

It is also interesting to apply the principles and the laws to the Iraq
situation as you did Steve.  If whoever turns up is the right people then
the Americans, Saddam, the Taliban, Al Qaeda are all the right people.  This
makes me feel sorry for the Iraqis who can only apply the law of 2 feet by
leaving their own country.  Yet that is the reality.  And whatever happens
is the only thing that could have happened.

Ultimately my aim is to bring joy into my life and others.  Thinking about
what joy is - my conclusion is that it is 'connecting and being connected'
both in myself and with others.  At a deep level this conflict is connecting
up a lot of different things.  Energy is moving.  And there is joy in being
both an opener of space and a passionate and responsible activist.

Colin Morley