Systems serving systems

Peggy Holman peggy at opencirclecompany.com
Sat Feb 19 12:57:18 PST 2005

On self-organizing
> Every system exists not for itself but only to serve another system...it ends when it stops serving something.

When I read Funda's sentence above, I caught my breath.  What an amazing thought...that systems exist to serve and die when they stop serving.

What does this say when so much seems to be done seemingly for greed, power, control?  What is their gift, their service?

Funda, where did this remarkable insight come from?

from sunny (but cold) Seattle,
Peggy

Peggy Holman
The Open Circle Company