OST with less than 25 words

Michael Herman michael at michaelherman.com
Fri Dec 16 12:05:41 PST 2005

wow.  i like the tofu line, but then again, i like tofu.

could we turn that around and make it onions that permeate the rest of
the work, or other spices, or is there another food that soaks up
flavor like tofu... and is something that evokes a 'yum' from more
people?

os is like pizza, can bring to it whatever you want?

os is more kitchen that recipe... it's the ground rather than the rules?

On 12/16/05, Chris Corrigan <chris at chriscorrigan.com> wrote:
> Tree!  Good one!
>
>  Open Space: Tofu for your organizational stir fry.
>
>  :-)
>
>  Chris
>

> On 12/16/05, Tree Fitzpatrick <therese.fitzpatrick at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I, too, am enjoying this 25-words-or-less discussion.
> >
> > I especially agree with Chris' suggestion that the language be adapted
> > to incorporate the client's language.  I know it was in another thread
> > but Harrison has recently shared a great story about offering
> > "Practice of Peace" in Helsinki but reframing it as "High
> > performance".  Isn't HO's high performance story a great illustration
> > of tailoring our language to use language that has heart and meaning
> > for the client?
> >
> > And then, just on a light note, when I read Chris' comments about
> > adapting the definition of OST to use the language of our listerner (I
> > rephrase and paraphrase Chris' words), here is what came to me:
> >
> > Open space is a lot like tofu, which can be used in countless ways
> > because it readily absorbs the flavors and spices of anything.
> >
> > Warmly, Tree Fitz
> >
> > *
> > *

> > To learn about OpenSpaceEmailLists and OSLIST FAQs:
> > http://www.openspaceworld.org/oslist
> >

> --
>
> CHRIS CORRIGAN
> Consultation - Facilitation
> Open Space Technology
>
> Weblog: http://www.chriscorrigan.com/parkinglot
> Site: http://www.chriscorrigan.com * *
> learn about OpenSpaceEmailLists and OSLIST FAQs:
> http://www.openspaceworld.org/oslist

--

Michael Herman
Michael Herman Associates