Access Queen waves a royal hello...

Michael Herman michael at michaelherman.com
Thu Dec 15 07:30:25 PST 2005

lisa, could you write a brief note, perhaps just editing this lastposting, for posting in the weblog?  i have created a page for openspace initiatives, a place for asking and giving.  there is a pageexplaining this in the site, and then i hope there will be variousrequests for project support (and perhaps offers looking for a certainkind of project to happen) ...and these requests would go into theregular flow of weblog postings, categorized as "initiatives" so thatwhen someone selects the "inititiatives" category, from the mainweblog page or using the link on the "inititatives page, they get allof (and only) the inits postings.  a marketplace inside of amarketplace, if you will.  so when you're ready, we post something?  ican post it or you can register for yourself.  thanks, michael

On 12/14/05, Lisa Heft <lisaheft at openingspace.net> wrote:>>>> Hello, dear colleagues -->>>> Kate wrote:>> <Last week I was (finally!) able to attend a training workshop with the> fabulously  accessible Access Queen (who we also know / appreciate as Lisa> Heft!)...>>>>> I tip my tiara to you all.  For those of you who are newly on this list,> "Access Queen" is the name of my role as someone who believes in the power> of sharing resources and belief – of the power of asking and giving and of> setting one's intention.  Each year as we approach our annual in-person Open> Space on Open Space gathering (this year in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada and> next year in Moscow, Russia) I help "Askers" ask and "Givers" give to assist> people who just need a little bit of extra support to get to an "OSonOS".> It's sort of like being a resources matchmaker ;o)>>>> Sometimes it is just a ride share, or a homestay, special registration> discounts for Askers or some pocket money…that will make the difference in> someone's being able to come to join us at our annual get-together.  It's> not a huge fund full of money – it's a combination of kind and generous> actions and bits of money as we share and do for one another.  This year> several great "Askers" were courageous enough to ask our OSLIST community> for help – and several amazing "Givers" shared what they could. – so we were> blessed with the presence of some really wonderful people at the OSonOS.> Plus we had several tables for our "Global Village Marketplace" and "Silent> Auction" at the OSonOS, where people sold things they'd made, handicrafts> from their countries and more to raise money for their own travels and to> contribute to the Access Queen Fund.>>>> In past years, you, my generous and creative Givers, have auctioned off> hand-illustrated covers for Books of Proceedings at your Open Space> meetings, sold poetry, organized rides to and from the airport for weary> travelers and more.>>>> I would like to announce a recent contribution to the Access Queen Fund:> Judi Richardson and the team hosting the Open Space on Open Space in Halifax> this year have recently contributed the money they had remaining – after all> expenses were paid – to the Access Queen Fund !!!  This is a tradition which> began at the OSonOS in 2001 and I'm happy to say it's still going strong!>>>> So:  A royal wave and a royal bow to our Halifax host team – your efforts> and the combined efforts of everyone who helped before and after this year's> OSonOS will help some wonderful Askers attend the Moscow OSonOS next year !>>>> In the new year you will hear little messages from Access Queen, as I raise> awareness and see who has a bit of carrot, a potato, or some herbs to toss> into our communal soup of mutual support for travelers hoping to get to next> year's OSonOS in Moscow…>>>> Meanwhile, I wish you all a cozy winter with friends and loved ones, from> castle to cottage…and a sparkling new year….>>>> Lisa (also known as Access Queen)>>>> ___________________________>> L i s a   H e f t>> Consultant, Facilitator, Educator>> O p e n i n g  S p a c e>> 2325 Oregon>> Berkeley, California>> 94705-1106   USA>> +01 510 548-8449>> lisaheft at openingspace.net>> www.openingspace.net>>>>   * *> ==========================================================> OSLIST at LISTSERV.BOISESTATE.EDU ------------------------------ To subscribe,> unsubscribe, change your options, view the archives of> oslist at listserv.boisestate.edu:> http://listserv.boisestate.edu/archives/oslist.html To> learn about OpenSpaceEmailLists and OSLIST FAQs:> http://www.openspaceworld.org/oslist

--
Michael HermanMichael Herman Associates300 West North Ave #1105Chicago IL 60610 USAPhone: 312-280-7838http://www.michaelherman.commherman@globalchicago.net
Executive Facilitation ...gettingthe most important things done inthe easiest possible ways.