Are you interested in 120 dollar pledge for catalytic communities times open spaces?

Chris Macrae wcbn007 at easynet.co.uk
Tue Dec 27 01:33:45 PST 2005

Dear Harrison cc Open Space List

I am wondering if we can find a few people who will make 120 dollar pledges
for Theresa Williams Catalytic Communities initiative at www.catcomm.org. A
deep community project based in Rio De Janeiro, with potential impact
replicating societal projects worldwide and linked through the Washington DC
region where Theresa was brought up and her parents live

Why could Open Space people be particularly interested?

...AS well as working as the local hub and community meeting place for people
who are have grassroots community-up innovations to space, catcomm has
developed the virtual infrastructure to catalogue collaboration projects from
any society that are ready to be replicated across orther societies facing the
same challenge. I have always thought that quite a large number of open space
activations are missing the trick of replicating what one community learns
across other facing similar challenges. To achieve this perhaps one of the
deeper dynamics needed is to review those open spaces that their facilitation
clients want worldwide propagation for from several lenses. Conflict resolving
initiatives of most interest to people in S America may have a different
pattern from those that interest social chnage agents in USA and so on. WE can
only see the practical patterns of this by iteratively championing local
translations of social bariiers as well as cataloguing stories form all around
the world of open space. Perhaps one day we could dream that every media
organsiation had an open space correspondent as well as the 50 less
interesting to me correspondents that most newspapers or tv stations field.

I feel there is a multiplicative bridge between catcomm and open space but
perhaps we will only discover all the practical ways of making the most of
catcomm and oopen space worlds if a few people take out a pledge and then
start cataloguing which of the open spaces they know of also want to be
replicated to any community facing a similar conflict barrier. If you read
this in 2005 and have questions please feel free to ask them of me and
Theresa. A fulfilling 2006 to all of us.

Back in London Queen Elisabeth has turned into a social activist. In her
annual Christmas message she asked every Briton to debate whether the evidence
of 2005 is that "humanity is turning against itself" and if they conclude so:
to adopt one way of intervening in 2006. Sounds like catalytic community
project hosts and open space agents will have a very demanding year.

cheers
chris macrae wcbn007 at easynet.co.uk
http://project30000.blogspot.com

Dear Friends,

Thank you once again for signing the Pledge!!  I just want to drop you
a quick note to share with you our current situation.  154 people have
now signed the Pledge, and we need only 45 more!!

But, as you know, we have only five days to meet the Pledge for the
Pledge to be deemed active.  I would like to encourage each of you
who've already signed the Pledge to reach out to one more friend this
week and encourage them to join us.  If 1/3 of us are successful, we
will have met our goal, and every single one of us will have been
instrumental in making that possible!!

For the Pledge visit http://www.pledgebank.com/catcomm.  For more
information about Catalytic Communities visit www.catcomm.org.        For the
Campaign Countdown blog visit http://catalyticcommunities.blogspot.com.