mixing business and pleasure

Raffi Aftandelian raffi at bk.ru
Wed Aug 10 04:37:10 PDT 2005

Alan,

It was a funny place to be in once I made the invitation on behalf of Russia and watch the decision-making process unfold.

Many things were said while people were speaking out loud during that process that I wanted to respond to.

And I knew that even though at any time I could speak up and respond, that in making the invitation, space had been opened for the question and the right thing to do was just to hold space, let go and be in a place of open space whatever the outcome.

At least at one point in those three days I (inadvertently) took some people to some scary places.

My hope is that when I take people to those places in the future (as I imagine I will, and not because I want to; it just happens), that I do it with much more compassion, support, and thoughtfulness.

Warmly,
Raffi