Space Invaders

Viv McWaters viv at thereef.com.au
Tue Aug 9 21:59:44 PDT 2005

Chris wrote:

> The judging mind is moving at a million miles and hour.  The intuitive
> heart is blocked, hiding, smothered by questions and anxiety.  If one
> can access that part of one's tool box - the intuitive discerning
> heart - then a way forward will suggest itself.

I'm reminded of Malcolm Gladwell's latest book 'Blink'  where he talk's
about the 'expert's' ability to 'thin slice' a situation and make a
subconscious choice about what to do/how to react - and it takes some
time for our conscious knowing to catch up with what our subconscious
knows. In other words,  we know before we know we know! :-)

I'd like to think our responses to 'space invaders' or whatever we call
them - falls into this category - and the beauty of an OSonOS gathering
- or sharing on this list - is to explore some of that emergent
knowing.

Cheers

Viv

PS I'm on vacation at the moment watching big fat snowflakes fall
amongst the gum trees - and have just come in from a morning's
invigorating skiing - hence the time to be a bit more active on this
list. No doubt normality will return and I'll disappear again soon!

Viv McWaters
Beyond the Edge Pty Ltd
PO Box 665 Torquay 3228
Australia