OSLIST Digest - 3 Aug 2005 to 4 Aug 2005 - Special issue (#2005-210) What are the possibilities of using Open Space Technology in the elementary school classroom?

ashley cooper mail.easilyamazed at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 10:01:36 PDT 2005

Hi Pat,

I was a teacher at a school which claimed to use the Reggio approach. A
major problem that I found was that it was difficult for many teachers and
administrators to adopt this approach at a core level. They liked how it
sounded on paper, but did not know (and were not appropriately trained) how
to follow the flow of attention, adding upon what was emerging, inviting
depth from that which was present.

I now wonder if training in OS principles would help to facilitate the
degree of awareness that is also necessary in the Reggio approach.

Thanks for making that link for me.

Ashley