Sleeping Facilitator

Pannwitz, Michael M mmpanne at boscop.de
Mon Aug 22 23:31:42 PDT 2005

Not a sleeping teacher...but
after having introduced OST to a group of 250 highschoolstudents,
teachers, social workers, mediatore, policemen, politicians...I took
a nap pretty much in view of everyone around noon in the main
room...just about that time a group was very busy working on a
conflict (a German girl and an immigrant girl had gotten over a fight
involving a particular boy getting their friends involved and causing
considerable turmoil)...one of the teachers woke me attacking me and
scolding me for not giving attention....while this was taking place,
things were already calming down again....as I pointed this out to
the teacher, she still complained about me not interfering....
its a tough life
greetings from Berlin
mmp

On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 03:02:56 +0400, Raffi Aftandelian wrote:

>Hi Peggy!
>Thank you for that. This is very timely for one project that is in the works. I shared about this project on the OST in the classroom session at the Halifax OSonOS. And hope to report on initial results come October.
>
>I hope to translate all or part of that excerpt into Russian.
>I think it fits in nicely with my notion of Open Sleep Technology and that the most effective teacher is the one who sleeps and gets out of the way of what the students are doing.
>
>I like to say sometimes that learning is what happens in spite of the teacher's (and student's) efforts.
>
>I feel very fortunate that I have had the experience of learning Russian essentially in open space at a public Maryland (suburban DC) high school right around the time when OST was discovered. As fanciful as the notion of the most effective teacher being the sleeping one is, it is firmly grounded in story.
>
>Any other sleeping teacher stories out there?
>
>warmly,
>raffi
>

>èÏÓÔÉÎÇ@Mail.ru - ÎÁÄÅÖÎÏ, ×ÙÇÏÄÎÏ, ÕÄÏÂÎÏ!
>http://r.mail.ru/cln2729/hosting.mail.ru/
>
>*
>*
>
>To learn about OpenSpaceEmailLists and OSLIST FAQs:
>http://www.openspaceworld.org/oslist

Michael M Pannwitz, boscop eg
Draisweg 1, 12209 Berlin, Germany
++49-30-772 8000
www.boscop.de   www.michaelmpannwitz.de

Check out the new Open Space World Map now with 312 resident Open Space Workers in 57 countries (working in a total of 115 countries worldwide)
www.openspaceworldmap.org