offensive limericks and North American politesse

EVERETT813 at aol.com EVERETT813 at aol.com
Sun Apr 24 22:31:54 PDT 2005

Raffi wrote:

In other words, I find this North American politeness thing rather
boring. Rather, it's not boring. More exactly, it doesn't expand our
NOW, as Harrison might put it. Is this making sense? Or should I be
looking for another rocking chair from a Christian missionary
listserv?

Actually, Raffi, it isn't boring, it is stultifying and very dangerous for
our society.   I think Philip Atkinson has done a nice job in bringing to our
attention the insidious nature of PC (which is this "politeness" you refer to
but has nothing to do with being polite.   That's a whole other issue.   True
politeness has evaporated from our society as the ravening masses strive ever
harder to not recognize their 'quiet desperation'.   The press particularly
serves up titillation, one after another.   The public debate become sharply
polarized with the sensible being drowned out by the true believers.   Beware the
True Believer.)

http://www.users.bigpond.com/smartboard/pc.htm

Sincerely,

Paul Everett