Learning to expand our NOW

Michael Dobbie mishek_d at YAHOO.COM
Sat Apr 23 12:42:58 PDT 2005

Hi Cheryl,
         I've made the assumption that this list is simply being run in an Open Space
format. Am I wrong and are you requesting that something different from this happen
here?
     'Clarifications' can be a tricky thing to judge. They can mean a lot of different
things to different people. What's wrong with each of us all taking care of what we
think are those unecessary 'clarifications'  simply by using the old law of delete? I
myself am enjoying this current collective proccess of clarification and (to me)
community building. It's stuff I will often relate and connect to much better than some
of the other dry second hand, third person sharings, discussions and analysis we
tend to have so much of here.
    To me this stuff is Here and Now and we who wish to be more Here and Now are
speaking here and now.
    So for now, since I'm here, I should give a quick Hello to my friends out there! I
don't think I'll make it to the next OSonOS in Halifax but I'm here, as always, part of
this global one....
Michael.

On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 20:21:15 -0700, Cheryl Honey <wecare at familynetwork.org>
wrote:

>I'd like to suggest that matters pertaining to clarifications be made directly with
individuals and not posted to list. Thanks....cheryl

she was being judgmental and then in this post you instantly jump to conclusions
and "judge" her...hmmmm...  IMHO you cannot factually conclude that her lack of
response was some sort of avoidance on the issue.  As Lisa has pointed out, there
could be a zillion reasons why she didn't respond within a day (hardly enough time
to even make a conclusion)...I think you read way too much into this as you were
obviously waiting for a baited response from her.

>  Just my 2 cents worth...
>
>  Judy Spady

I can use both spellings):

>    Yesterday, I had a conflict with Therese Fitzpatrick, when I posted the following
note:

>    ">Funda, such an event would not be negative...it could be wonderful and life
affirming.

>    > And it could unleash new, positive initiatives in the world.
>
>    Please forgive me for reacting, Therese.
>
>    "Would not be negative....." - Is that not highly judgmental, Therese - an opinion
expressed as fact?

>    Masud"
>
>    Therese's lack of response makes it evident that my "NOW" did not contain
enough space for her to respond. For those of you who can have space for my
views, as well as hers, can you please suggest an alternative way of posing my
comment/question?

>    My best wishes
>
>    Masud
>
>    There is something called learning at a rather small level of organisation. At a
much higher gestalt level, learning is called evolution - Gregory Bateson

Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2005 16:39:27 -0400
To: OSLIST <OSLIST at LISTSERV.BOISESTATE.EDU>
From: Michelle Cooper <mcooper at integralvisions.com>
Subject: FW: Deafened People thriving in OS

I realized this just went to Diane when I intended it to go to the list.
Michelle