FW: 1st OS in Vietnam

Harrison Owen hhowen at comcast.net
Tue Apr 12 11:36:24 PDT 2005

Masud Wrote: Do we need to use "right" or "appropriate" for people?
If we say "whatever happened is the only thing that could have happened"
(if I remember the words correctly) why can we not also say; "Whoever came
are the only people who could have come"

********************
I suppose we could -- but that would miss the point, I think. Lots of people
"could have come" but only a certain number really cared (enough) to come.
And besides, they are the only ones present :-). Their "care" makes them the
right/appropriate/present people. And in my book, it is the "caring" that
counts. That doesn't make all the other "possibles" bad, evil, immoral, or
ugly -- they just didn't care enough to come. Maybe next time????

Harrison

Harrison Owen
7808 River Falls Drive
Potomac, Maryland   20845
Phone 301-365-2093

To subscribe, unsubscribe, change your options, view the archives Visit: