on OST facilitator aggression, sexism and poems

Glory Ressler on.the.edge at sympatico.ca
Thu Apr 28 09:42:45 PDT 2005

In variously reading, scanning and, unfortunately - due to the need to
prioritize my time, not reading some posts on this thread - I recalled the
following poem - which is a guide to my internal space opening in
relationship with others...
A little Gestalt poem to leave you all with:

"If I just do my thing and you do yours,
We stand in danger of losing each other
And ourselves

I am not in this world to live up to your expectations;
But I am in this world to confirm you
As a unique human being,
And to be confirmed by you.

We are fully ourselves only in relation to each other;
The 'I' detached from a 'Thou' disintegrates.

I do not find you by chance; I find you by an active life
Of reaching out.

Rather than letting things passively happen to me,
I can act intentionally to make them happen.

I must begin with myself, true;
But I must not end with myself;
The truth begins with two."

(Tubbs W. 1972. Journal of Humanistic Psychology, (12) 5 Beyond Perls)

Glory Ressler :-)