Poetry Day (feel free to follow the "Law of Delete.")

Jimbo Clark jimboclark at gmail.com
Sun Apr 24 08:23:22 PDT 2005

Dear All,

"Imagine a poem about a tattoo a man's penis warning would be partners
of the price of a bar. . "

In the spirit of Poem in your Pocket Day, I decided to take this challenge
"seriously."

There once was a barman named Rock
Who tended the pub by the dock,
When asked the beer's price
He'd never think twice
Cuz he had it tattooed to his...

(sorry, penis is a really hard word to rhyme).

I've been off the list for a couple of years, and the first post I read was
Rafi's on anger and explicatives , and all the wonderful outpouring of
thoughts on this...and genocide, and living in the NOW, and the struggle to
keep to THIS space open (and yes, poetry, which I'm glad to see is still a
part of the OSLIST culture).

For those of you who may have been numbed by what an amazing little thing
this list serve (community, really) is, take it from a person who has been
living in the city, and has come back to the country for a visit, cherish
this group of people, who, warts and all, show up and share in a spirit of
openness and love, what challenges, enrages, encourages, and drives them in
their day to day, night to night existence.

We are all walking, talking miracles, (if my mother is to be believed, I
myself should have died numerous times as a child doing things she defined
as somewhere between stupid and dangerous) and that miracle of being here,
in this or that or the other space, is pretty amazing.

It just gets better when this, that or the other space is opened up a bit.

As I mentioned to Anita (my lively wife) what has been great about lurking
on the list serve this week is reconnecting with the vocabulary, the point
of view, and the depth of "conversation" that happens here.

That and it makes me feel popular, because my in box is constantly full.

With love from Afar,

Jimbo