Reality: was Lumps and Jitters

Seamus McInerney shay71259 at eircom.net
Fri Apr 1 13:38:05 PST 2005

Paul,
I think I have read the books you speak about. It was a kind of scientific
investigation of the powers that these people had if I remember correctly.
Hard to judge the veracity of what is described but an excellent read none
the less. I'm a little surprised  (assuming it's the same books) that it's
not more widely known. I borrowed the copy I had and had completely
forgotten the title and author. I'll be checking the web in a minute.

On the more pressing and personal journey you are taking with your father,
my thoughts are with you. Me he go softly into what lies beyond.
God bless.

Shay

At 22:00 31/03/2005, you wrote:

>In a message dated 3/6/05 5:57:41 AM, rcopleman at comcast.net writes:
>

>>For more, read anything by Thomas Berry, especially The Great Work.  Or
>>enjoy Brian Swimme's The Hidden Heart of the Cosmos.  For a connection to
>>the corporate world, global finance, and our more immediate, earthly issues,
>>devour David Korten's two latest books: When Corporations Rule the World and
>>The Post-Corporate World.
>
>Dear Friends in OS,
>
>I have been doing a lot of reflecting on some of these conversations about
>the universe, reality and such.  Lumps, jitters, jiggles, etc.  Don't know
>if anyone here has ever read "Life and Teachings of the Masters of the Far
>East" by Baird Spalding or not.  Quoting from one of the Forewards of the
>five volume work, speaking about the Masters he met, "The LIVE Truth,
>which is a part of the Universe itself.  Life is really traceable back
>into the misty past which bears to us the accomplishments of hundreds of
>thousands of past centuries.  To us, life is bound about by every
>limitation and convention. (emphasis added).  To them, life is boundless,
>ceasless, unending bliss and happiness; the longer the span of life, the
>greater the joy and the more worth while the living."
>
>My reflection is also colored and influenced by the impending death of my
>father, the next to last at age 93 of his entire generation of my family
>heritage.  Only his brother is still here after him, already age 90.  The
>true family patriach is passing (father of four sons, as am I with Joelle).
>
>It is in that light that I was thinking of the true work of the human
>being.  It seems to me we get caught in limitation and convention when we
>have seen what a human being is meant to be, a wholly loving, unlimited
>being.  Jesus of Nazareth is only one example, albeit certainly an
>advanced example.  The Masters Spalding met could materialize food (feed
>the 5,000), cross on water, change the vibrational levels of their body so
>as fire would not burn ("passing through the crowd, he went his way" Luke
>4:30---where they were going to throw Jesus off a cliff---put yourself in
>that situation and ask "How did He do that?  Pass through an angry crowd
>bent on killing him?").
>
>What I'm pondering is what mess of pottage have we sold our birthright
>for?  Reality?  What is that?  And, why are we not able to use reality in
>such a way as to heal, to live wholly choiceful loving lives?  Is OS,
>miraculous as it is to us used to planning, organizing, leading and
>controlling, really just an indicator, a pale shadow of what is possible
>if we could only get our minds and spirits freed up to see the actuality
>of the cosmos?
>
>And what might be that 'work'?  In what ways might that be made truly
>possible?  Not just occasionally, but ALL the time.  These are some of the
>reflections the conversations on the List have provoked in me lately.  Who
> [...]

Séamus McInerney
50 Carrigdhoun, Waterpark, Carrigaline, Co. Cork
http://homepage.tinet.ie/~xroadsfac/