open space Iraq

Pannwitz, Michael M mmpanne at boscop.de
Wed Sep 15 06:19:52 PDT 2004

Dear Zachary,
your note made my heart race.
Great! What a tribute to the spirit of hope and your and  our work!
May I cordially invite you to include yourself in the Open Space
World Map
http://www.openspaceworldmap.org/
As you will see, Iraq is already in the list of "open space
countries" but when you search for Iraq, there is no entry for a
person from Iraq or someone who has worked in Iraq.
Please also add the webspace in which your reports are posted so that
they can easily be accessed (also by people not into our various
listserves).
One of the main ideas of the Map is to show (ourselves and everybody
else on this planet) the spread of open space.
And especially in places such as Iraq and others that seem hopeless
Greetings from Berlin
mmp

On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 05:28:32 -0700, Zachary Metz wrote:

>Hi folks,
>
>I just wanted to offer a quick but from the heart note about Open Space in Iraq.  Iraq is in the news every single day, and the news is clearly grim and mostly painful. I am here now, in Kirkuk, and we (a team from Columbia University Center for International Conflict Resolution) just finishd two workshops with forty people, both culminating in a one-day Open Space. In August we did one with 20 people, so now at least 60 people have had this experience.
>
>I intend to write all of this up, but I just want to say that all of these OS experiences have been very poweful for all involved. The opportunity to listen and be heard in a safe and creative environment has profound impact here. In the closing, many people spoke of the power of the experience and the new opportunities this raises. Please keep in mind that these OS experiences were happening under armed gaurd, and many participants needed to take serious risks to get to the event. Hope is something that is slowly but surely being drained from these communities and at least I am hopeful that OS has helped keep people hopeful, which is all that we can ask at this moment really.
>
>I look forward to seeing some of you in Goa. Take care all, Zachary Metz
>
>*
>*
>
>To learn about OpenSpaceEmailLists and OSLIST FAQs:
>http://www.openspaceworld.org/oslist

Michael M Pannwitz, boscop
Draisweg 1, 12209 Berlin, Germany
FON ++49 - 30-772 8000     FAX ++49 - 30-773 92 464
www.michaelmpannwitz.de

125 Berliner open space-Veranstaltungen von 12 BegleiterInnen in 16 verschiedenen Bereichen:
www.openspace-landschaft.de

An der 152-köpfigen E-Gruppe "openspacedeutsch" interessiert? Enfach eine mail an mich.

Schaut mal in die neue Open Space World Map, seit dem 17.8.2004 online
www.openspaceworldmap.org