OS with kids

Pannwitz, Michael M mmpanne at boscop.de
Mon Sep 6 09:12:33 PDT 2004

Dear Funda,

Just had an os with 350 people, half students aged 10 through 16, the
others adults.
The 10 year olds tend to stick together, offering issues in pairs or
groups of three.
This was an open space on "Bullying" in schools.
Have a look
http://www.michaelmpannwitz.de/index.php?id=69  see Nr. 115

Earlier this year and last year I was involved in a os with people
designing a neighborhood in Oranienburg. There were about 50 and
among them 5 kids between 11 and 14. These kids were the first people
to offer issues. They convened and documented sessions and organized
for the major to be in their work group (getting the river cleaned
up). They appeared to have a grand time and had some agreements
worked out.
Have a look
http://www.michaelmpannwitz.de/index.php?id=69  Nr. 100

Several years ago I had an os with kids 6 to 10 years old on the
topic of improving their daycare facility. There were 40 of them...no
adults and they completely selfmanaged similar but more
enthusiastically than adults (some adults were standing around the
outer circle in utter amazement).
Have a look
http://www.michaelmpannwitz.de/index.php?id=98

Three years ago there was an os with 150 kids aged 6 through 12, 3
from each of 50 different elementary schools from all over Germany
that had declared their schools to "Schools without Racism" with the
aim to spread the Program. Great impact for the movement came from
that.
Have a look
http://www.michaelmpannwitz.de/index.php?id=69  Nr. 53

These are just a few examples of the work I was priviledged to be
involved in with kids in the agegroup you are referring to.

What is your question beyond your curiosity?

On Sun, 5 Sep 2004 16:59:37 +0300, Funda Oral wrote:

>Dear Listers,
>
>I am asking just for curiosity. Has anyone ever tried OS with kids or with
>under 14 years old students?
>
>*
>*
>
>To learn about OpenSpaceEmailLists and OSLIST FAQs:
>http://www.openspaceworld.org/oslist

Michael M Pannwitz
boscop
Draisweg 1
12209 Berlin, Germany
FON +49 - 30-772 8000     FAX +49 - 30-773 92 464
www.michaelmpannwitz.de

125 Berliner open space-Veranstaltungen von 12 BegleiterInnen in 16 verschiedenen Bereichen:
www.openspace-landschaft.de

An der 153-köpfigen E-Gruppe "openspacedeutsch" interessiert? Enfach eine mail an mich.

Schaut mal in die neue Open Space World Map, seit dem 17.8.2004 online
www.openspaceworldmap.org