Adhocracy

Douglas D. Germann, Sr. 76066.515 at compuserve.com
Wed Sep 29 12:35:17 PDT 2004

To my good friends--

Is it possible that what we are producing with our practice of open space
is exactly what we need to produce?

Specifically, from time to time we sometimes lament the fact that there is
nothing "lasting" from an OST meeting--the organization on Monday becomes
again what it was last Monday, nothing seems to have changed. Yet perhaps
we did have a lasting impact.

In meditation this morning, this thought came to me: "No as a matter of
fact we are not after continuing meetings of this group. We are after
people doing things. That may or may not mean meetings. It certainly does
not mean creaking organizations."

People in this age have little energy for creating an organization. There
just is not time enough in the day to take on something that will require
our involvement for years. We are in the mode of sprinters not marathoners.
So what? If--1. Whatever Happens does some good and 2. the people do say
Yes, I remember a day when we did some good--are the only two things that
are accomplished, have we not done a lasting good?

Any time we throw a leaf into the stream, or a drop of water, is it not a
new stream?

                              :-Doug. Germann
                              Seeking people making community change.