empty bucket, a story

Jaime Pedreros Fitzgerald jpedrerosf at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 11 13:15:15 PDT 2004

Hello Lucas!!

Thanks for sharing this wonderful story; I also appreciate the reference of psp-sa. You have translated very well the main concept of the story. However, as there are several enriching details, I will try to translate them too and will post them on the list

I guess you speak Spanish, which is my mother language; I am also an OS practitioner with some specific experience in this field. I have two recent experiences with OS which I will post in detail very soon.

The first one relates to a lecture I gave about OS held in june at Universidad del Pacifico in Lima, Peru.

The second one is about a "not so open space gathering" in La Paz, Bolivia, in july. This meeting was called for by the Municipal Government in La Paz in order to collect proposals to improve the economic development process of the region (600+ participants). Eight different and parallel events were tightly structured and organized by topics in different and distant places. I acted as a facilitator for the one dealing with Public/Private Policies for the Development of Entrepreneurs towards economic development (80 people). After day and a half presentations, trying to focus the audience (half day general and one day specific to each topic/group) we only had a few hours to elaborate and prioritize a list of proposals. My group was the only one that used an OS approach. I am sure I will let you know the details of the process but results were remarkable: each of the eight groups named a representative to  address a presentation briefing main results and proposals. Our group could
 contribute with proposals, priorities, schedule, responsibibles and was notoriously several steps-ahead from the others, mainly related to the feasability of each suggestion. I am absolutely sure that OS made this difference. Please wait for the details.

Have my warm regards from each day warmer La Paz (it is spring time here)!!

Jaime

Visíta Yahoo! Noticias.