OST in Brazil

Lisa Heft lisaheft at openingspace.net
Mon Oct 18 16:33:30 PDT 2004

Hello, folks -

Harrison said:
<Actually -- Brazil should not be off the list, I am pretty sure. The
name
escapes me, but perhaps the guilty party will surface. And if there is
no
current practice (practitioners) there, The Book has preceded them.
Somebody
"down there" thought enough of Open Space to have the book translated
into
(Brazilian) Portuguese.>

As I recall, our dear colleagues Alexandre Bobeda and Jean Marconi
Carvalho are in and from Brazil.  Ms. Lucy Geão used to be on OSLIST but
is no longer on it, I believe.

I know these things because I was honored to do a workshop on
interactive learning in Brazil a few years ago and have always wanted to
return to do workshops and trainings in Open Space, so I am always
excited to find more people there who interested in it.

Dear Artur (Portugal) and Joelle (USA) and Laurel (Canada) and I share
this interest and have talked about this often over recent years.

One of the reasons I want to do Open Space there is that for my
interactive learning workshop I asked participants to get up and find a
new chair if they liked to dance (part of an introduction and 'weaving'
activity at the beginning of the workshop) and all 75 stood up and did
not sit down for 15 minutes, dancing instead to a silent (and very
sensuous) rhythm in their (collective) heads.

I knew then that I had to return, and I also know that dancing to silent
music is v-e-r-y Open Space...

Maybe a 5th Principle?  "Whatever makes you dance is the right music..."
?

Beijos, ("kisses" in Portuguese and I don't know many words but that's a
good one)

Lisa

PS: on my soon-to-be-launched glossary of OST terms I do have
Portuguese, thanks to the fabulous Artur.  If any of you need it before
I launch it let me know directly and I can give you those
translations....

L i s a   H e f t
Consultant, Facilitator, Educator
O p e n i n g  S p a c e