OSonOSinUS November 6, 7, 8

Douglas D. Germann, Sr. 76066.515 at compuserve.com
Wed Oct 13 13:43:10 PDT 2004

Hi--

This is just over 3 weeks off. Please register now.

http://www.openspaceworld.org/osonosinus

Please share the following with friends and colleagues around the USA. Thanks!

--

PLEASE JOIN US... for an Open Space on Open Space in the USA (OSonOSinUS)!

...for managers, facilitators and other business and community leaders
interested in a deeper exploration of the issues and opportunities related to
using Open Space Technology (OST) in organizations and living in a chaotic,
self-organizing, Open Space world.

Open Space Technology: What has it been? What is it now? And where can it
lead us next? What have we learned? And what is now possible? Can it work
with your people, in your organization? Can it help address your most
important strategic and operating issues? These are just some of the
questions that come to mind as we consider all of the Issues and
Opportunities for Opening Space in American organizations and communities.
Please join us with your own specific questions, issues and ideas!

This meeting is for networking and supporting each other, for learning about
and implementing OST in the USA. As there is much activity going on elsewhere
in the world, this gathering is specifically focused on the practice of OST
in the United States. Please do invite persons from your community,
foundation, government agency, association or business who have expressed
interest in considering using Open Space as one way to make their next
meeting better.

We expect and invite people and conversations at all levels of experience --
from curious newcomers to curmudgeonly veterans. Please note that this is not
a training event, you'll be responsible for your own learning -- and the
opportunities for that will be tremendous! Be prepared to raise your own
questions, issues and opportunities for implementing OST -- and to share your
own life and work experiences. We expect and invite a wealth of learning and
contribution, shared stories and new experiments.

MEETING SCHEDULE

Gather on Saturday, November 6th @ 7:00 PM, some of us may have dinner
together earlier. Gather on Sunday, November 7th @ 8:30 AM, Open at 9:00 AM,
Evening News at 4:30 PM Finishing on Monday, November 8th Morning News at
8:30 AM and Closing Circle at 3:00 PM.

MEETING SITE

The meetings will be held at the Carleton Hotel, 1110 Pleasant Street, Oak
Park (Chicago) Illinois 60302. For directions, visit
http://www.carletonhotel.com or contact the Carleton Hotel directly by phone
(1-888-CARLETON).

LODGING OPTIONS

Please make your hotel reservations directly with the Carleton. We have some
rooms held at a corporate rate of $ 119 (hotel) and $ 82 (motor lodge). It
may be possible for a few persons to reduce expenses by sharing a room at the
Carleton. You might choose to commute from Chicago's Downtown Youth Hostel or
a home of local friends.

REGISTRATION AND PAYMENT

The fee for the conference runs on a sliding scale from $50 to $150. Please
pay what you are able and feels right to you. These fees will cover meeting
space, materials and some snacks. Anything left over will be offered as
funding for community project(s) that we will develop during the conference
or will be given to the Open Space Institute USA. Conference organizers are
working as volunteers, as their contribution to the practice of OST in the US.

To Register: Send contact, a few lines of biography and your interest in Open
Space to mailto:osonosinus at openspaceworld.org. We'll post this info online
for pre- and post-conference connecting.

To Make Your Payment: visit http://www.globalchicago.net/pmt or send a check
to Michael Herman, 300 West North Avenue #1105, Chicago IL 60610.

PREPARATION FOR THIS MEETING

These meetings are intended for anyone who wishes to begin or continue
learning about the practice of OST, which is an essential part of any
transformation process in communities, in organizations and in our lives.
After completing your own registration and making your reservations for
lodging, extend this invitation to others who might want to learn about past
successes and new possibilities for working with Open Space Technology.

Consider some pre-event studying, in books or online. Experienced OST users,
actively opening spaces anywhere in the USA, may want to browse the new
resources at http://www.openspaceworld.org or review Harrison Owen's books,
including his latest, The Practice of Peace. If you are new to OST, please
get familiar with the basics as set forth in Harrison Owen's book Open Space
Technology: A User's Guide (Barrett-Koehler Publisher). To order books
online, visit http://www.openspaceworld.org/bookstore.

FOR FURTHER INFORMATION

http://www.openspaceworld.org/osonosinus

Contact any of the following co-conveners of this event...

John Engle - mailto:john at theexperiment.info
Ted Ernst - mailto:ted at chicagohumanist.org
Joelle Lyons Everett - mailto:JLEShelton at aol.com
Doug Germann - mailto:doug at footprintsinthewind.com