OS community, reflections on OSonOs Goa

Funda Oral fundaokan at superonline.com
Tue Oct 12 03:34:23 PDT 2004

I don't want to repeat many feelings and thoughts shared by others who participated in OSonOs.
I share most of them. My experience also was powerfull, enriching and educating like sometimes more than
many other life experiences. "Whatever happened was the only thing that could had "

After OSonOS;  my learnings about about OST are;

1) I am convinced that this bizarre method works,effective and powerfull; at least it creates a sense of connection
among participants.
2) I respect all of you using this method all over the world in different areas.
3) Its effectiveness can be increased by paying a lot of attention to pre-planning stage, framing the
main theme (core issue) and ensuring participants' subscription to that
4) Its effectiveness can be increased by paying a lot of attention to the OS process itself also ( by being
present, ensuring inclusion, notifiying non inclusion etc.)

But I have still this question in my mind " Can OS Community including practitioners, fans, participants etc...
can be a more effective community and make a more significant changes? "

Or in an other word;

" Are there URGENT needs where this method can be used but that requires us to be a better team and community ? "
or " is it sufficient to go on like that, sharing individual experiences?"

For instance when I read Raffi's friend mail;

We think and you understand, we imagine, that the main reason for this terrorist act was the ongoing war in Chechnya. This war makes people feel more futile, become more brutal, and gives rise to crime and banditism. We are looking for new possibilities and are seeking deeper ways of affecting this situation. Today, we decided to approach all Christians, Muslims and people of other faiths to request that people pray for peace and the reconciliation of people of the North Caucasus.

This is all the more urgent because in North Ossetia and Ingushetia a new tragedy is possible: the relatives of those who died in this tragedy intend to seek revenge. October 13th is the last day of mourning for the victims...

I feel a sense of urgency where OST can help in many ways. So I imagine that we can start discussing and trying to do something more concrete rather than praying only.

And I remember reading somewhere written by Harrison  "Peace is the most urgent business in the world, now" which I deeply believe. And I feel useless unless
I do something about that.

These are feelings, thoughts, questions and worries...that I wanted to share.

I am aslo working to be able to send you a photo album of OsonOs but couldn't do it quickly (any help and suggestion to fundaokan at superonline.com is appeciated)

Regards,
Funda ( Istanbul is rainy and cold today, was sunny and warm yesterday)