empty bucket, a story

Lucas Gonzalez lgs0a at yahoo.es
Mon Oct 11 02:14:01 PDT 2004

http://www.psp-sa.com/r2-02-1.htm (in Spanish) tells a story about an
empty bucket, which I translate badly:

The Queen died when giving simultaneous birth to 4 sons and a daughter.
When the 5 of them were old enough, the King had to choose his
successor, so he asked them for projects on how to make the country
better.
Each of the 4 sons brought a project: Water for agriculture, Roads for
business, etc.  The one daughter brought an empty bucket and said it
had as much value as the projects, which had no value until they would
get done.
So the King decided to give them 2 years to show if the projects were
any good, by implementing them.
After the 2 years, the 4 projects were showing success and the daughter
still brought an empty bucket.
She said "See how this empty bucket made the trick?  Had we chosen one
project we would have had one project, and maybe see it completed.  Had
we discussed which one was to be the best, we would have had nothing."
The four brothers kneeled down to the new Queen.

At first I thought "Talk about opening the space!".  At least it looks
a little like that!

Now I'm not sure about (at least) one thing: does OS have an element of
(nice) competition to it?

Could we have more stories?

(The author of the story "La Canasta Vacía" is Dra. Ana Maria Aguado,
Argentina.)

Lucas

Nuevos servicios, más seguridad
http://correo.yahoo.es